Boscobel Park Policies
- Park hours are 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Shelters are not lighted
Park & Shelter Use Policies - 1 Aug 97
- Kronshage East, Kronshage West and Hinman shelter reservation fee is $25.00. Kronshage South shelter reservations can be made after January 1, fee is $50.00. One-half may be reserved within two weeks of event for $25.00, if all other shelters are reserved and depending on availability. Fees are non-refundable unless event cannot be held because of weather.
- It is permitted to drop-off or pick-up a disabled or handicapped member of your party at the EAST shelter at Kronshage park. Vehicles must be immediately returned to the parking area.
Prohibited Items or Uses - MUN. CODE 15.03
- Building fires other than in fire-pits or grills.
- Possessing or discharging any firearm or weapon.
- Washing vehicles or pets.
- Cleaning fish in shelters, toilet facilities or picnic areas.
- Possessing, using or dispensing a controlled substance in violation of the uniform Controlled Substance Act.
- Hunting, trapping or disturbing birds or wildlife.
- Throwing stones or missiles.
- Digging or removing turf, trees, shrubs, flowers or protected wildlife.
- Defacing any structure or sign or damaging any equipment or item.
- Overnight camping or self-contained campers or motor homes in the park.
- Possession or use of any beverage container made of glass.
Shelter Fees and Reservations - MUN. CODE 15.07
- Shelters may be reserved within any park for the exclusive use of groups, organizations or other land area. No person shall use such area without payment of such fee or charge.
- All reservations shall be made at least one (1) week prior to the scheduled event.
- Any Park Commission employee or authorized law enforcement officer may revoke any reservation permit when, in the employee's or official's judgment, persons or property on or within park premises may be endangered by the continuance of the exclusive use.
- Persons in charge of any reservation shall be responsible for the conduct of those in attendance, which shall include not serving alcoholic beverages to minors, general safety to those attending, and cleanliness of public property under reservation.
General Regulations - MUN. CODE 15.08
- No person shall interfere with any employee in the performance of his/her assigned duties.
- All sporting activities shall be held in areas so designed.
- There shall be no motor vehicles, motor bikes, recreational vehicles and snowmobiles in the park outside the parking area unless authorized by the Park Director.
- Vehicular speed limits shall be 15 m.p.h. unless otherwise posted.
- Bicycles and other non-motorized vehicles shall comply with rules and regulations applicable to those vehicles. No person shall ride a bicycle upon foot trails or lawns. Careless operation shall be grounds for removal from the park.
- All pets shall be effectively restrained on a leash no more than six (6) feet long and controlled at all times.
Resident / Non-Resident: Youth programs are open to all students living in the Boscobel School District. Adult programs have different residency requirements and fees depending on the program.
Insurance: The Boscobel Recreation Department DOES NOT PROVIDE individual accidental liability insurance. Participants are responsible for injuries which are incidental to the activity.